System MigrationMake-A-Wish of America
Make-A-Wish is a federated nonprofit with a strong national brand and vibrant, successful local chapters. The rules that facilitate national-chapter collaboration are complex, and 100% compliance is critical.
It was time to implement a new online system, but the “out of the box” approach was not sufficient. Make-A-Wish recognized the need for a trusted partner.
Make-A-Wish partnered with both Blackbaud and with Zuri Group to manage different aspects of the Luminate Online implementation.
Zuri Group ensured that the implementation was completed according to approved business rules. This required diplomatic facilitation, clear and detailed documentation, vendor negotiation, and extensive user testing.
In the course of the project, Make-A-Wish also engaged Zuri Group to implement TeamRaiser for their signature peer-to-peer fundraising event, Walk for Wishes. This event series encompasses 50+ local walk fundraising sites, administered by chapter staff around the country.
Zuri Group worked collaboratively with Make-A-Wish staff to make sure that every aspect of the transition to Luminate was clear, documented, fully tested, and staff was trained. This included:
- TeamRaiser blueprint to streamline and control local chapter Walk site creation
- Focus group sessions with local staff and key volunteers, to validate design decisions and collect user perspectives
- Event microsite, to provide a web presence with centralized event data
- Dynamic elements throughout to automate chapter branding & customization (ie, chapter logos and contact information in banners, email templates, footers, etc)
- Extensive user acceptance testing, to ensure brand guidelines and accessibility goals were met